Friday, December 22, 2006

Bangkok Airways blues

Hi this an update from the jetsetting international executive - currently sitting in the departure lounge at Bangkok airport.

I'm here because the Singapore to Samui diretc flight was full today - so in order to get back for Christmas I had to book a flight to Bangkok and then a domestic leg back down to Samui. The reason I'm still here at 10:30pm is that Bangkok airways have delayed the flight for 2 hours... I might get home before 1:00 am.

I am bringing some Christmas supplies back to the Island - stuff we can't get easily on the island - good cheese, crackers, mince pies, cranbery sauce, wine etc. Luckily for the island dwellers the new Bankok airport has an ok food court so I haven't tucked in to any of the above YET.

So the question on everyones lips... is it good to back at work, coming up with innovative solutions to clients requirements, and helping to keep the money flowing round the financial markets? The short answer is "sometimes".

The first two weeks were good from a novelty point of view - wearing socks and shoes again instad of flipflops etc. It was also interesting to catch up with the company gossip, and I will admit to getting a kick out being able to remember all the technical gobbledegook that you need to understand the system I'm supporting.

But I am definitely missing the Island, and the sense of freedom that comes from not having commitments or an office schedule - In short I'm ready for holiday!

flight finally being called now so this is the end of this impromptue mind dump.

No comments: